CCF is looking for an in-office volunteer to work voluntarily 3-5 hours or one half-day a week with our sustainable food blog. Our food blog thus far has been a series of blogs by various writers reflecting on their experiences as they challenged themselves to eating local for a period of time, and to eat local on a budget of £21 per week. The blogs which have been written over the past year and a half are listed here: http://cambridgecarbonfootprint.org/blog/category/blog/sustainable-food/. It would be part of your role to organise these blogs for clarity and to ensure the blog continues on with new and fresh material, as well as increasing readership. Our work in Local Food has received a great deal of media attention over the past year and we are excited to see it continue and grow in new directions.
Duties will include:
- Contributing to the blog with original posts
- Recruiting writers for the blog, ensuring a wide variety of topics are covered
- Ensuring the blogs are kept tidy, links working, etc.
- Pulling out resources associated with the blog (eg. recipes, list of seasonal vegetables, grow your own tips) and posting them on the resources section of our website.
- Increasing readership of the blog through publicity and making connections within the sustainable food community.
You will be given full training on how to update and use our website, which utilizes wordpress, and any other necessary training related to the role. You will be working closely with the Volunteer and Events Organiser in office, and occasionally with trustees.
- Passionate about sustainable food and have a fairly good idea of what that means (but also be very willing to learn more!)
- Have keen attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Be willing to meet new people and make connections all over Cambridge and the region
- Live in or near Cambridge as you will primarily be working from our office in Cambridge.
To apply please send the following to Stephanie Ferguson, Volunteer and Events Organiser at email@example.com
- A cover letter that highlights why you are interested in the position and what you would bring to the position and our organisation.
- If you have written any previous blogs on any subject, or have another sample of your writing available, please provide links to the blogs or attachments.
We are looking to recruit someone as soon as possible. The post advertisment will remain open until we find the right person!