Open Eco Homes (OEH) householders run tours demonstrating how they save home energy and live more sustainably, using their home’s design, retro-fitted improvements and smart behaviour. They’re trusted peer messengers, who by example are very effective at informing and inspiring participants to do something similar. This is the 12th successive year that our charity, Cambridge Carbon Footprint (CCF) will run OEH tours and talks. Over this time the project has amassed a strong record and reputation for informing and inspiring thousands of visitors to make their own home-energy improvements. See our 2020 report.
CCF is looking for an expert communicator to help organise and deliver this year’s OEH tours and talks. The role is fixed-term, 2.5 days/week, from about 19 Apr – 18 Oct 2021. The role offers £22,774 pa, pro rata + pension.
The OEH Coordinator is a key role within our team, responsible for delivering Open Eco Homes, supported by the OEH Manager, OEH volunteers and other CCF staff and volunteers. Working from home, the OEH Coordinator is a remote role. Some evening and weekend work may be required, with time off in lieu given. Flexible working arrangements are available.
You would be joining CCF, a small local climate change charity that supports people to reduce carbon emissions and empowers people to take the lead on carbon reduction in their social circles, communities and places of work. We centre our approach on what climate action means to people in their everyday lives – in terms of their beliefs, values and capabilities to make real change. Alongside Open Eco Homes we have delivered the first Cambridge Sustainable Fashion Festival, the World’s Biggest Repair Café, and most recently the Cambridge Climate Change Charter and our own carbon footprint calculator.
The OEH project work will include:
• Recruiting & supporting householders to open a suitable variety of homes
• Creating or updating case studies for each home
• Publicising OEH effectively online and in the media
• Collating clear, attractive information on the OEH website
• Arranging the booking system for smooth-running of open-days
• Recruiting, briefing and supervising volunteers on these tasks
Our ideal OEH Coordinator would have:
• Experience at coordinating people to achieve goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organised working methods
• Familiarity with MS Office and WordPress or other web content systems
• Experience creating engaging promotional material
• Experience creating engaging content for social media
• Familiarity with ways of saving home energy and behaviour change strategies
To apply: email a CV and cover letter, detailing your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 8th March 2021.
Interviews will be held on Mon 15th & Wed 17th March 2021.