Help us move Cambridge towards net zero.
Our small charity is growing and reshaping to fit the changing landscape of climate action. We need someone to ensure that our operations and events run smoothly, supporting our team by:
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of our programme of events
- Organising and preparing content for our website, social media and newsletter
- Keeping accurate records
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluating our activities
- Monitoring emails and responding to queries
- Keeping the office and event materials organised
If you’re flexible, organised, good at getting things done and don’t mind mucking in to help set up and pack down equipment at our events, we’d love to hear from you.
Cambridge Carbon Footprint is a small and lively local climate change charity. With the help of a small handful of staff and many skilled and dedicated volunteers we deliver 40-60 different events and activities each year. Our projects are designed to help individuals make real carbon reductions in their personal lives and empower them to take the lead on carbon reduction in their social circles, communities and places of work.
Some of our notable projects include:
- Open Eco Homes, a programme of talks and householder-led tours of homes that have been built or renovated to be energy efficient and comfortable
- Net Zero Now, a training programme empowering participants to take a leading role in delivering climate action in their local communities
- The Cambridge Climate Change Charter, encouraging and supporting individuals and organisations working towards net zero
What you’ll get:
- A friendly work environment alongside a great team
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enrolment in our pension scheme
- A varied daily work life and insight into all the workings of a small charity
- Room to grow and develop
Our ideal candidate:
You enjoy working as part of a close-knit team, have strong attention to detail, and don’t mind working towards a deadline. You enjoy a dynamic work atmosphere and have a friendly and easy-going manner with co-workers. You’re happy to get involved with whatever needs doing, and eager to be part of helping a small charity grow.
Experience in administration, a charity or the environment sector would be an advantage – but is not essential. Good communication skills, strong demonstrable IT skills and an interest in the environmental movement and personal action on climate change are essential. If you work well on your own initiative and the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
This role will be based primarily in our North Cambridge office with some work from home. Occasional evening and weekend work needed to be able to attend our meetings and events, with time off in lieu given.
A driver’s licence and access to a vehicle would be a plus.
Terms of the role:
This is a part time role, 2.5 days a week, 22k pro rata. The contract will initially be for a 6-month period, with possibility for extension subject to funding.
This position has now been filled.