This Climate Buzz is a departure from our usual offering and is being run in response to activists, campaigners, community groups and individuals sharing with us how difficult they are finding it to manage feelings of sadness, burnout and helplessness. A summer of extreme and tragic weather events, coupled with a very unstable domestic and global socio-economic and political landscape has taken an emotional toll on many of us. This in turn, can affect our ability to function.
Skilled professionals will lead this session that will help you to:
- Share difficult emotions linked to environmental degradation in a safe and supportive setting
- Understand the impact of negative feelings on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Process negative feelings
- Practice and build in some techniques to your personal/working life that will help you build resilience
- Examine ways of supporting others feeling helpless and burnt out
- Recognise the signs of burnout and seek help
Elena Moses will lead this session. She has worked in the NHS, specialising in health education and has delivered stress management training. Elena is also experienced in running leadership workshops that train others to run support groups around different topics.
This is a free event, all welcome. No booking required.
7:15 pm - 9:30 pm Wednesday 31st Oct 2018
The Waterman 30 Chesterton Road Cambridge CB4 3AX