|Reporting to:||Tom Bragg, Chair of Trustees|
|Principle function:||Advise other Trustees on monetary decisions and oversee CCF’s financial management.|
|Expenses:||For travel etc, as necessary. Normally agreed in advance|
|Location:||Meetings with Trustees & staff, approx monthly, usually at CCF Office, but flexible. AGMs.|
|Days and hours:||Flexible but roughly 2-3 hours per week|
|Duration (on-going or fixed period):||On-going, with at least a 12 month commitment|
|Description of the Role:||As Treasurer you’d join our Trustees [see Trustee Role Description] who plan and steer CCF’s future and make sure it’s well run. You’d have particular responsibility for its financial management. You would:
· Advise Trustees on financial matters, including implications of accounts, plans & budgets, providing and explaining appropriate information.
· Ensure CCF is run on a sound financial footing, with suitable measures, controls and procedures in place. Working with trustees and staff to improve them, as appropriate.
· Make sure proper financial records are kept in accordance with relevant legislation and oversee CCF’s book-keeping and accountancy functions.
· Prepare CCF’s accounts for independent examination.
· Appropriately liaise with CCF Trustees, Manager and accountant.
· Help with fundraising would be useful too, but not key.
The benefits and/or difference the volunteers commitment will bring:
|CCF can’t operate without a Treasurer! The work is essential for clear planning of CCF’s future and running an efficient & effective small charity.
We inspire people to engage with climate change and empower them, individually and within their communities, to move towards low carbon living. We have a great team, who are rewarding to work with.
|Skills and/or qualifications and experience required:||Sound financial experience and responsibility, preferably in a charity or small organisation. Good communication and IT skills. Accountancy qualifications an advantage.|
|Training required and support offered:||Trustee & Treasurer induction and training.
Book-keeping and admin support from staff.
Support from other Trustees and our Independent Auditor.
|Any additional notes or information:||Our current Treasurer, Suzanne Goldsmith, is standing down due to overwork elsewhere, but is keen to support you and hand over in a useful way.|