|Reporting to:||Tom Bragg, Chair of Trustees|
|Principle function:||Advise other Trustees on monetary decisions and oversee CCF’s financial management.|
|Expenses:||For travel etc, as necessary. Normally agreed in advance|
|Location:||Meetings with staff or trustees – approx monthly, usually at CCF Office. Annual General Meetings.|
|Days and hours:||Flexible but roughly 2 hours per week|
|Duration (on-going or fixed period):||On-going, with at least a 12 month commitment|
|Description of the Role:||You would join our Trustees [see Role Description] who plan and steer CCF’s strategy and make sure it’s well run. The Treasurer leads on financial management, but we are jointly responsible for this. As Treasurer you would:
· advise Trustees on financial matters, including implications of accounts, plans & budgets, providing and explaining appropriate information
· ensure CCF is run on a sound financial footing, with suitable measures, controls and procedures. Working to improve these with trustees and staff, when needed
· help prepare CCF’s annual accounts for independent examination
· liaise with CCF Trustees, Manager and Accountant
You’d be part of a lively team working together for a common goal.
The benefits and/or difference the volunteers commitment will bring:
|CCF can’t operate without its Treasurer! The work is essential for clear planning of CCF’s future and running an efficient & effective small charity.
We inspire to help tackle climate change, empowering them to change to low carbon living, individually and within their communities.
We have a great team, who enjoy working together.
|Skills and/or qualifications and experience required:||You’ll already have relevant financial experience and responsibility, maybe in a charity, small organisation or business. You have good communication and IT skills. With good listening & analytical skills, you can clearly state your views.|
|Training required and support offered:||We’ll provide:
· Trustee & Treasurer induction and training
· book-keeping and admin support from staff
· support from other Trustees and our Independent Examiner
|Any additional notes or information:||Our recent Treasurer has moved to London and we have interim support from our previous Treasurer.
Do contact Tom Bragg, chair to find out more.
APPLY by 15th May with a CV & email to Tom Bragg,
saying how you suit the role
& what interests you about CCF.