(Recipe courtesy of Cambridge Cookery School)
Delicious served with a purée of celeriac or Jerusalem artichokes, a red wine and port jus, green beans
- Preparation: 1 hour
- Cooking: 5-10 minutes
- Portions: 4 portions
- Food sources: Venison is available from most good local retailers during the winter months
- 4 wild venison loin fillets
- 1 orange
- Sunflower oil
- Lapsang Suchoung leaf tea
- Grate orange zest, mix w Lapsang Suchoung tea leaves.
- Coat the cleaned fillets. Wrap in clingfilm and leave for a 1/2h-1hour.
- Heat sunflower oil and butter in large pan.
- Quickly brown the meat taking care not to burn the rub.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill.
- Bring venison loins to room temperature.
- Set oven to 180°C
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes.