(Recipe courtesy of Cambridge Cookery School)
- Preparation: 5-10 minutes
- Cooking: N/a
- Portions: 4 portions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 3 aromatic apples, washed, quartered, pips removed and cut into thin wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, washed and trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 bag watercress
- Start by mixing the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sliced fennel and apple and turn in the dressing.
- Just before serving, arrange the water cress in a salad bowl and top with the apple and fennel with its dressing.