||Publicity Support Volunteer
||Alana Sinclair, Manager
||To distribute leaflets and posters for key CCF events in key pre-identified places around Cambridge
||Agreed in advance
||Based at the CCF Office, The Cycle Depot, 140 Cowley Rd, Cambridge, CB4 0DL. Distributing to various locations around Cambridge (mostly central)
|Days and hours:
||20-30 hours per year
|Duration (on-going or fixed period):
||For short periods before key CCF events such as Open Eco Homes in October and the Circular Festival in November
|Description of the Role:
- To distribute and put up leaflets and posters in August and early September for our events Open Eco Homes and Eco Homes for All to key pre-identified places in Cambridge and in October for CCF’s Circular Festival in November.
- To get permission from owners/employees where necessary before placing leaflets and posters.
- To identify new places where our leaflets and posters will be a good fit.
- To ensure venues have enough leaflets in the run up to the events by checking at least once, 2-3 weeks after initial delivery.
|The benefits and/or difference the volunteers commitment will bring:
||Our feedback tells us that many people find out about Open Eco Homes by picking up our leaflet or seeing a poster somewhere. It’s essential for us to get our promotional posters and leaflets where the right people will find them. It’s an essential job that stretches us in a really busy time so volunteer help is essential.
|Skills and/or qualifications and experience required:
- We just need a friendly active person who can take a bike around Cambridge with a pannier full of leaflets and posters
- We need someone who is happy to talk to people and get permissions politely. You will be the face of CCF so it’s important to give a good impression.
- We also need someone who can identify the best places to get our posters and leaflets seen without being pushy or disrespectful. There are lots of organisations competing for promotional space in Cambridge.
- A can-do attitude is more important than any experience of having done this before.
|Training required and support offered:
- CCF Volunteer Induction
- 1:1 training with office staff
|Any additional notes or information: