Location: Cambridge, The Bike Depot, UK (initial need for office base but later on possible to work can work remotely if needed)
Closing date for applications: 24th of June
Start date: end of June 2019
Amount of time per week: minimum one day per week, hours flexible (initial need for office hours but flexible after that).
How to apply: Email Sheona@cambridgecarbonfootprint.org with C.V and reason for wanting to apply.
We work to raise awareness of climate change issues and to support people in moving to low-carbon living.
Our vision is of low carbon communities which are sustainable, resilient and rewarding.
Our mission is to inspire people to engage with climate change and empower them, individually and within their communities, to move towards low carbon living. We offer a varied programme of events and activities which will inspire people to engage with climate change and empower them to join together to build a low-carbon future. We aim to engage at many levels, including with individuals, community groups and local organisations.
Some central themes of our work are: effective communication about climate change, home energy, transport, food, other consumption and waste.
Key Volunteer Description
- a) Help develop and implement an Evaluation Framework: which would help us better understand our impact. Implement methods to understand changes in community attitudes and perceptions. Improved fundraising asks by demonstrating achievements.
- b) Overseeing Data Collection: Supporting the design and overseeing the implementation of a framework to collect, input and manage data, working with both the charity’s programme team and external partners.
- c) Programme Monitoring and Reporting: Supporting the development of on-going monitoring and reporting systems across the charity’s programmes.
- d) Programme Analysis and Evaluation: Leading on the analysis of reports, drawing balanced conclusions and communicating them clearly for annual reports and fundraising applications.
- e) Incorporate GDPR standards into any data collection
- f) Monitoring and evaluating feedback from volunteers and external organisations
Skills and Experience required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Commitment, to seeing the development of an Evaluation Framework through to its implementation.
- High level of attention to detail
- Masters or equivalent in related field such as Environment Sciences or Sustainability
- Experience of designing and using participatory/collaborative research methodologies
- Knowledge of database development
- Experience with statistical analysis and data visualisation software
- Expertise in data management, analysis and reporting
Why volunteer with us:
We are in a climate emergency be part of some of the community solutions. This will help us massively in being able to achieve more of our goals and ensure we are seeing real changes in the community.
We’re a fast-moving small and passionate team, quick to embrace and implement promising ideas without bureaucracy.
We expect and support volunteers to take a lead in their own work, offering scope for creativity and strategic input.
We would love to give a fantastic reference for any future jobs.