Our clothes and buying habits are a massive problem – the volume of clothes produced today has already doubled in only 20 years and their greenhouse emissions exceed that of flying and aviation combined. On the positive, our dressing habits are one part of our footprint that we really can easily do something about. We’re so excited by the possibilities that we are pulling together our dream Sustainable Fashion Festival. Imagine an event where you can:
- Get advice from a stylist on how to create a wardrobe that is full of fewer pieces but ones that work together. Clothes that fit you, suit you and reflect not the high street’s style, but yours.
- Browse a pop-up clothing and accessory market selling items which don’t exploit either people or planet.
- Get a sneak peek at the innovative, natural and recyclable materials that we’ll be wearing in a circular future.
- Meet up with a few hundred people at a swish, all looking to swap their unworn clothes and accessories for ones that are new to them.
- Get your clothes repaired for free and have master sewers to teach you how to do it yourself.
- Find out more about the global trend towards clothing rental and sign up to a local platform.
It’s all happening in the same beautiful location as last time and will feature all of the above and more. 800 people seemed to love the first…save the date!
BUY LESS. CHOOSE WELL. MAKE IT LAST.
Event Details21/03/2020 - 11:00 am - 4:30 pm St Barnabas Church Mill Road Cambridge CB1 2BD