||Nicole Barton, Volunteer and Events Organiser
||To act as a CCF representative at events around the city. Some of the events we regularly take part in include:
- The Festival of Ideas &The Science Festival
- Mill Road Winter Fair and Strawberry Fair, EAT Cambridge
- Film screenings
- Skillshares and workshops (ideas and practical)
- Open Eco Homes
- Repair Cafes
- Sustainable food events
||Agreed in advance
||Various around Cambridge (mostly central)
|Days and hours:
||Our events usually happen in the evening between around 7pm – 9pm or in the afternoon at the weekend.
|Duration (on-going or fixed period):
|Description of the Role:
||There’s a physical, admin and social side to events. Generalists can do all three but we also love people with specific skills. In a nutshell events involve:
- Administration - taking tickets, passing around sign-up sheets, holding the donations bucket at the door, providing IT support, preparing refreshments
- Physical – transporting displays, set up and take-down of stalls, putting out and stacking chairs and tables, setting up projector, displaying outreach materials etc.
- Social - meet and greet, make people feel included in activities, make comfortable etc
|The benefits and/or difference the volunteers commitment will bring:
||Without volunteers we could not attend or organise most of the low carbon events we do. Each volunteer will make our events look better, run better and feel better.
|Skills and/or qualifications and experience required:
||It needs someone who:
- Is punctual and can travel to events around Cambridge.
- Is flexible, willing to jump in and help with whatever needs doing at the event.
- Likes attending events as you’ll also get the benefit of attending talks, movie screenings, workshops, etc, that we put on.
- Experience and confidence with social media would be helpful for publicity and spreading the word (not essential)
|Training required and support offered:
- CCF Volunteer Induction
- Intro on how to set up and run a stall/event
- There will usually be a member of staff or experienced volunteer with new volunteers at any event
|Any additional notes or information:
||To be an events volunteer you don’t need to know heaps about climate change and low carbon living – enthusiasm and people skills will be more important.