To help you get started, here our Eating Local bloggers provide some of their favourite recipes, made with fresh, local, seasonal ingredients (all sourced within a 30-mile radius of Cambridge), along with tips on where you can purchase local ingredients.
Over the next couple of months, we shall be adding new recipes to this page. If you have any recipe ideas, email us with your suggestions!
- Mediterranean chutney
- Gooseberry and almond relish
- Roast cauliflower and tomato salad
- Swiss chard with couscous
- Courgette and fennel gremolata
- Cherry caflouti
- Elderflower Cordial
- Elderberry cordial (two versions)
- Thai Coriander Curry (NEW!!)
- Mediterranean Salad (NEW!!)
- Carrot and coriander soup
- Creamed savoy cabbage
- Simply delicious carrot and artichoke soup
- Spiced red lentil soup
- Fennel and apple salad
- Winter salad of red cabbage, avocado and pumpkin seeds
- Venison mince/cottage pie
- Wild venison loin
- Collection of Winter Recipes from Cambridge Cookery School for the 8th Feb 2012 Cookery Demo (PDF 210KB)
- Low Carbon Christmas Festive Recipes (PDF 253KB)
If these locally sourced recipes don’t give you enough inspiration to try something different, maybe these few great (not so locally sourced food)sites will:
Finally, if you’re a little stuck for inspiration for meals, then have a look at A Month of Meals; a list compiled during the Making the Most of Meat workshop at the Food for a Greener Future Conference in Feb 2014. The list includes 32 meals that can be made with meat or without meat, and most of them are a fab way of using up odds and ends in your fridge and pantry.