Open Eco Homes (OEH) arranges for householders to show and explain to visitors on 2 weekends in September how they save home energy by their home’s design, retro-fitted improvements, smart behaviour, etc. This is the 7th Year that Cambridge Carbon Footprint is running this project. It has a great record of informing and inspiring thousands of visitors to make their own home-energy improvements.
The Project Worker is the key paid OEH worker, supported by volunteers, including the OEH Manager, and staff in the CCF Office. You would be self-employed, working on OEH about 3 days/week, £10/hour, February through until mid September.
The project work includes:
• Recruit & support householders to open a suitable variety of homes
• Create or update case studies for each home
• Publicise OEH effectively in posters, media etc
• Collate clear, attractive information on the OEH website
• Arrange booking system etc for smooth-running of open-days
• Recruit, brief and supervise volunteers on these tasks
Our ideal Project Worker would have:
• experience at coordinating people to achieve goals
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• organised working methods
• familiarity with MS Office and WordPress or other web content systems
• experience creating engaging promotional material
• experience creating engaging content for social media
• familiarity with saving home energy
Click here to see the full job description.
To apply, email a CV and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 25th of January. Interviews will be held on Monday 1st of February.