Don’t forget cauliflower is a wonderful summer vegetable too! Roasting the cauliflowers and tomatoes brings out all the intensity of their flavours. Feel free to play around with different combinations of spices and herbs.
- 1 large or 2 small cauliflowers
- 400 g cherry tomatoes (approx.)
- Small bunch of spinach
- 100 g almonds (optional)
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, dry roasted and ground (or 3 tsp ground cumin)
- 3 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Large handful coriander, mint and/or parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Place on a baking tray or roasting pan and toss with the olive oil, cumin and paprika.
- On a separate tray, toss the tomatoes in olive oil.
- Roast both trays of vegetables for approximately 45 minutes – longer if necessary for the cauliflower. The cauliflower should be turning dark golden brown at the edges and the tomatoes should be soft and just starting to burst.
- Rinse any grit from the spinach and slice the leaves if they are large.
- Toss the roasted cauliflower, tomatoes and spinach together in a large bowl, while still warm. Add the lemon juice and herbs, and toss well. Season to taste.
- If desired, dry roast the almonds in a pan, chop roughly and sprinkle over the top.