We managed to source all the ingredients for our bread locally. It’s very straight forward to make in a bread maker. First thing in the morning, there is nothing more scrumptious than being woken with the smell of a freshly baked loaf. We found we missed the snacks of life but a slice of toast with home made damson jam soon made up for the missing biscuits. Here is our recipe:-
- 200g Strong Wholemeal flour – Glebe Farm, King’s Ripton (www.glebe-flour.co.uk), available at Daily Bread
- 50 g Oats – also from Glebe Farm
- 250g Strong White flour – also from Glebe Farm
- 25 g Rapeseed oil – Hillfarm, Heveningham Suffolk (www.hillfarmoils.com)
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar – Silver Spoon, Bury St Edmunds
- 1 1/2 tps Maldon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tps Allinsons dried Yeast, Peterborough
- 360 ml water
Will check the cooking time and work out a cost per loaf including power used.
Most breadmakers have an option for a French bread that is sugar free.
Posted by Penny