|9 November 2015|
|7:30 pm||to||9:30 pm|
St Luke’s Church
Victoria Road, CB4 3DZ
St Luke’s Church, Victoria Road, Cambridge CB4 3DZ
26 people came to an animated evening, learning more about:
- How much heat is your house losing in winter from poor insulation?
- What about heat GAIN in summer?
- How to stay comfortable, save on bills and cut your carbon emissions?
- What are the pros and cons of different types of insulation?
- How has new insulation worked out in Open Eco Homes?
- Matt Smith from Natural Building Technologies discussed natural materials with low embodied energy and explained moisture issues in newly insulated buildings.
- Antony Rix, communications engineer and Open Eco Homes householder, took us through their decisions on home energy efficiency renovations over 8 years
- Tim Acheson, builder from Green Hat Construction explained the nuts and bolts of carrying out external and internal insulation in a range of materials
A HOT topic!
One of a series of free events on putting home energy inspiration into practice