Fundraising is a great way to support us and it can be very good fun. It doesn’t matter how much you raise, every penny is appreciated.
Ways to get fundraising
From organising a cake sale to taking part in one of our sponsored events, there are a number of ways that you can help us fundraising. Below are some ideas, but we’re open to more!
To get started with any of the below ideas or to talk to us about your great fundraising idea, get in touch! We can offer you the support and advice you need to make it a runaway success. Contact the CCF office on 01223 301842 or email us at email@example.com.
- Help us organise a CCF fundraising event. It could be your brainchild or you could help supply the time and organising efforts for an idea we haven’t had the time to pursue. One of our most successful fundraisers was a ceilidh, for example.
- Organise a swap event. Swaps are fun and exciting ways to clear out the closet, the bookshelves and generally anything you’re not using while getting stuff you really need all while reducing consumption and carbon. You can organise a swish (clothes swap), book swap, seed swap – an anything swap – on any scale, whether it’s just some friends over at your flat or a city-wide event that people attend in exchange for a small donation. For advice on how to organise a swap, just get in touch with our office and we can help you out.
- Run a zero waste coffee morning and cake sale. Try and make all the cakes from local flour from zero waste shops. If making vegetable cakes, why not choose the ‘wonky’ veg? Use seasonal produce from local farms, such as rhubarb in April and strawberries in June. You could even give people the coffee grounds for their gardens for a small donation!
- Organise a local food dinner party. Promote sustainable, local food, raise money and have a great time all at once. Plan a dinner party for some friends, and ask them to bring a small donation to CCF in exchange for a wonderful evening.
- Do a sponsored challenge. Get friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you to run a marathon, cycle long-distance, going vegan for a month or a low-carbon travel adventure of your own design.
- Help us write fundraising bids and letters. If you’re a master with words, this is always something we could use an expert for.
Tips for successfully fundraising
There are many things you can do to become a successful fundraiser. Here are a couple of tips to help you get on your way:
- Set a target amount you’d like to raise. Having a target can help motivate you and gives you something to work towards. It can also help you drum up those last few donations.
- Create an online giving page. Research shows that people give more online so boost your total by getting this set up as soon as possible. This also has the added bonus of you won’t have to chase people to make payments or worry about handling too much cash. If you’re using Justgiving, as your fundraising platform, make sure to select Cambridge Carbon Footprint as your charity.
- Share it on social media and engage your friends, family and colleagues. It can be a good idea to ask people you expect to be generous first as this is a great way to kick start your campaign and it can encourage others to be equally generous.
- Encourage people to donate with Gift Aid if they’re UK tax payers. This lets us get an extra 25p for each £1 donated at no extra cost to your or the sponsor!
- Keep your sponsorship form on you. By having it to hand, you’ll be able to capture willing sponsors in the moment and when you’re out and about.
How your fundraising will help
In 2018, we ran 68 events and workshops workshops dedicated to making low carbon living a reality, reaching nearly 7,000 people. This is done with only 2 staff members and the support of our many volunteers. The funds you raise enable us to continue inspiring and supporting people in Greater Cambridge to live more sustainably.
A donation of
- £5 would help us to run Repair Cafés and clothes swaps, helping prevent useful goods going into landfill
- £15 would help us organise Open Eco Homes, helping to make Cambridge homes more cosy and energy efficient
- £25 would help us hold food challenges, supporting people to switch to a more sustainable diet
- £100 would help us to expand our work to reach diverse new groups, helping Cambridge move towards a low carbon future
How to send us the fruits of your labour
There are many ways through which you can donate the money you’ve raised. You can do so:
- Over the phone by calling us on 01223 301 842 (Mon-Fri)
- By post – please send a cheque made payable to Cambridge Carbon Footprint along with a completed donation form at:
The Coordinator, Cambridge Carbon Footprint, The Bike Depot, 140 Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0DL
Don’t forget, if you pay tax in the UK to please Gift Aid your donation which will increase the value donated by 25% at no extra cost to you.
Last, but not least, we want to say a huge thank you for supporting our work.
If you have any further questions, please call us on 01223 301 842 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.